Returns & Refund Policy
How to Set Up a Return Online
- Click on the 'Find My Order' link below
- Log in to your account, or sign in as a guest
- Select the order(s) you wish to return
- Click on ‘Setup Return’
With certain exceptions*, you may initiate a return for an item(s) within 180 days of receipt for a refund (minus return shipping). Returns outside of the 180-day return window will not be accepted. Refunds will be applied to your account (minus return shipping) once the item has been received and inspected through our warehouse.
To qualify for a general return, the item(s):
● Must be in resalable condition
● Must be free from scratches and/or defects
● Must not have been installed
● Must be in the original manufacturer’s box and packaging
● Must not have any writing on the original packaging
● Must not be missing pieces
● Must not be clearance/liquidations/closeout
● Commercial products cannot be serviced or refunded if being used in a residential setting
You may initiate a return for most defective items within 180 days of receipt for a full refund. Once a return has been set up and the item has been returned to our warehouse, it will be inspected. If the item is deemed to be defective, a full refund will be applied to your account.
To qualify for a defective return, one of the following must apply:
● Item has a defect that hinders its usability for the purpose of which it was designed
● Incorrect item was received
- Appliances (See Appliance Return Policy below)
Customer Support Teams
All Products: (855) 302-6628
Appliance Specialist Team: (855) 394-7243
Build with Ferguson and Build with Ferguson websites are not responsible for any labor costs related to handling, installing, or uninstalling items purchased. Items that have had gasoline in them are NOT returnable due to shipping restrictions of hazardous material.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long do I have to return an item?
- Which items are eligible for return?
- Is there a restocking fee?
- The item I received was defective. How do I get a refund?
- I received the wrong item. How do I get a refund?
- How do I set up a return?
- How do I send my return?
- How do I cancel an order?
- When should I expect my refund?
- What is a Freight Return Label and when will I receive it?
- What is a Call Tag and how does it work?
- My purchase was damaged in transit. How do I return it, request a replacement, and/or file a claim?
- I did not receive all my products. What do I do?
- My purchase was lost in transit, what should I do?
- Who do I contact if I need assistance with a return?
1. How long do I have to return an item?
For most items, you may initiate a return for refund of the purchase price (not including shipping) within 180 days of receipt. Items cannot be returned or exchanged after 181 days from receipt of the order. Refunds will be applied to your account (minus return shipping) once the item(s) has been received and inspected by our warehouse team.
2. Which items are eligible for return?
*Most items can be returned within the stated time frame for a refund (see EXCEPTIONS list below).
To qualify for a general return, the item:
- Must be in resalable condition
- Must be free from scratches and/or defects
- Must not have been installed
- Must be in the original manufacturer’s box and packaging and be free of writing.
- Must not be missing pieces
- Must not be clearance/liquidations/closeout
Certain product categories have specific returns policies. Click on the links to learn more.
3. Is there a restocking fee?
No. There is no restocking fee on returned items.
4. The item I received was defective. How do I get a refund?
You may initiate a return for a defective item within 180 days of receipt for a full refund.
5. I received the wrong item. How do I get a refund?
You may initiate a return for an incorrect item within 180 days of receipt for a full refund.
6. How do I set up a return?
You can set up your return online at with your Build.com account. An account is necessary to set up returns or cancel orders.
- Sign into your account.
- Choose “Set up a Return” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select “Orders & Returns” link from the header on Build.com, then choose “Set up a Return”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account so you may set up your return.
7. How do I send my return?
We recommend using the packaging from the original shipment if possible. Follow the instructions provided with the Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number we sent via email. If you’re using a return label that we provided, print the return label, attach it to the outside of the box, and drop your shipment off at any UPS location.
Return labels help us efficiently track your return. If you choose another shipping method, please inform us by contacting customer service.
If your shipment will travel via freight (semi-truck, LTL, etc.), then repack all items very well, secure them to the original pallet(s), and prepare them for shipment (we recommend using the packaging from the original shipment). Follow the instructions provided with the RGA number we sent via email. Print the freight label that we provided via email. Do not attach the freight label to the shipment. Use the instructions provided to contact the carrier and schedule your freight pickup.
8. How do I cancel an order?
Because our orders process quickly, there is a very short period of time in which an order can be cancelled.
- Locate your order by logging into your account. You must have a Build.com account to cancel an order. If you placed your order as a “Guest” you must create an account to proceed.
- If a “Cancel Order” button is visible, you may cancel your order online without assistance.
- If the “Cancel Order” button is not visible, it may be possible to request cancellation before an order ships by contacting our customer service team.
9. When should I expect my refund?
For most general or defective returns, we will process your credit once we have confirmation that the item has been received and inspected by our warehouse. Please allow 5 to 10 business days following delivery to our warehouse for credits to be issued. Refunds will be issued per our return policy.
For refused shipments, damaged shipments, and freight claims filed within two (2) business days of receipt, credit will be issued as soon as possible. However, please allow 5 to 10 business days to complete processing.
10. What is a Freight Return Label, and when will I receive it?
A Freight Return Label is used to return items via freight (semi-truck, LTL, etc.). This shipping method is used for bulky, heavy, or palletized products.
- A Freight Return Label will automatically be issued at no charge for defective returns.
- Freight Return Labels for general returns are offered at a per-pallet-flat-rate. The cost will be deducted from your credit.
- Labels are emailed separately from your return authorization email. Your label will come with instructions and carrier contact information for scheduling pick-up timeframe.
11. What is a call tag and how does it work?
A call tag is an additional convenience option for general returns and is set up when a shipping carrier needs to pick up an item from your home or business and deliver it back to our warehouse. Call tags are for parcel shipments (UPS only) and must be set up through customer service.
The cost of a call tag is $8.00 per package, plus the cost of shipping. The total cost of all call tags combined with all shipping charges will be deducted from your credit amount. A call tag takes 24 hours to process. Once processed, the carrier will make up to 3 attempts to pick up the package(s) from your home or business.
12. My purchase was damaged in transit. How do I return it, request a replacement, and/or file a freight claim?
You may log into your account to access the return request tool. When setting up the return please select “it was damaged in shipping” as the return reason. In the description please provide as much detail as possible of the damage. You will be prompted to upload three (3) photographs of the damage.
- If you notice damage while the carrier is on site, DO NOT take possession of the damaged product(s). Instead, take a picture of the damage, gather copies of the paperwork from the carrier (if possible), and refuse delivery. Next, contact the customer service team.
- If you notice damage after delivery (concealed damage), take pictures of the damage, and complete the return online, or contact the appropriate customer service team. Items shipped via ground shipping must be reported within 30 days. Freight carriers only allow two (2) business days after delivery to file a freight claim. You may set up a claim online through your account.
We will not be able to help with any complaints of damages, including visible or material defects, after the product has been installed or altered.
13. I did not receive all my products. What do I do?
There are occasions when an order is shipped from multiple locations and will arrive at different times. In the event that all material is not delivered, please contact our customer service team.
14. My purchase was lost in transit, what should I do?
In case of a lost shipment, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible for assistance.
15. Who do I contact if I need assistance with a return?
Please call one of our teams for help:
- All Products: (800) 375-3403
- Appliance Specialist Team: (855) 484-3292
- Flooring & Tile Specialist Team: (855) 484-3293
Appliance Return Policy
General Appliance Policy
You may initiate a return for an appliance within 30 days of purchase (Exclusions below).
To ensure eligibility, appliance returns can only be set up over the phone with our Appliance Specialist Team: (855) 484-3292.
Returns must meet the following criteria:
- Return must be set up within 30 days of purchase
- Product must be in original, factory sealed packaging with all associated literature and warranty cards in original condition
- Product cannot have been installed or used
- Post purchase rebates cannot have been claimed
- Product cannot be special order, made to order, clearance/liquidations/closeout or final sale
- Products must be returned using the same shipping method as it was originally shipped
- Photos are required to ensure product is in original packaging
- Samsung, JennAir, KitchenAid, Maytag, Whirlpool, and Amana cannot be returned at this time.
Build.com and Build.com Network affiliates reserve the right to deny any return if criteria is not met.
Defective Appliance Policy
If you receive a defective appliance product, you will need to contact the manufacturer. All warranty service for customers is provided by the manufacturer of the product purchased. Please check your owner's manual for the customer service number of the manufacturer.
Damaged Appliance Returns
If the item is found to be damaged during shipping, and you notice the damage upon delivery or inspection, do not sign for or take possession of the item. If delivery is accepted but concealed damages are noticed within 48 hours, take pictures of the box and product(s). Carriers only allow two business days to file a freight claim. Contact our customer service team immediately to report damage.
We Give You More: Better Prices. Better Selection. Better Service.
Free standard shipping on 1,000's of items.
30 Day Returns
Return items 30 days from purchase. Details ▸
23 Years of Service
Owned and Operated in America since 1999.